Overview: Welcome to the online instructor-led training of NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC). This course covers a wide-range of health and safety topics, from helping employers understand their legal and moral responsibilities, to even more superior subject-matter such as conducting risk assessments by employees.
The NEBOSH IGC is unarguably the most recognized qualification in health and safety profession in the world with over 70,000 certificate-holders. The course is recognized as a SCQF level 6 qualifications and a perfect step towards the NEBOSH Diploma – which is equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree.
The course is divided into 2 units namely IG1 & IG2 which focuses on the Management of Health and Safety, and Risk Assessment respectively.
The NEBOSH International General Certificate course provides experience and exposure to a qualitative personal development. Successful Participants are entitled to become Associate Member (AIOSH) of IOSH and IIRSM – two of the world’s largest professional association for health and safety.
Style of Study: This course is organized in sections with each containing video (simulated whiteboard and tutor) and series of course resources including end-of-section assignments.
Our dynamic User-interface means that learners can easily navigate the learning environment in a manner that makes learning interesting and engaging.
Learning Objectives: Upon successful completion of this training course, learners should be able to:
- Outline the scope and nature of occupational health and safety
- Understand key requirements for health and safety management systems
- Explain the principals and practice of risk assessment
- Outline the principals, purpose and role of active and reactive monitoring
- Explain the purpose of, and procedures for health and safety auditing
- Outline common health, welfare and work environment requirements in the workplace
- Explain the hazards and controls measures for assessing risks from manual handling
- Understand and explain the hazards and risks associated with the use of electricity and electrical tools in the workplace
- Outline the hazards, risk and control measures associated with chemical and biological substances
- Identify typical workplace hazards and develop suitable control measures
- Prepare management reports on health and safety improvements
Your certificates are globally recognized; that means you can work anywhere in the world with the NEBOSH certificate. “9 out of 10 employers will choose a NEBOSH certificate holder.”